I studied Computer Science and Engineering at Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires. I'm originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and currently living in Uruguay.
My work is related to distributed systems, machine learning, interactivity, and robotics. My goal with tech is to bring new experiences to people.
I cofounded and was formerly CTO at OpenZeppelin. Currently, I'm studying artificial intelligence, music, and 普通话. I'm also investing and helping out early stage tech explorations at Buzhi.
Latest Blog PostsSee more
- OpenZeppelin, an open-source library for secure smart contract development in EVM-compatible blockchains.
- Decentraland, a blockchain-based virtual reality world.
- Rewilder, a non-profit that coordinates the global purchase of land for wildlife conservation.
- Proof of Existence, a web service to anonymously and securely store an online distributed proof of existence for any document.
- Streamium, a p2p livestreaming application using payment channels smart contract for micropayments.
- ComboCombat, a multiplayer wizard combat game.
- Singular Journey, a VR exploration puzzle game that lets you explore alternative physics. Collaboration with Mariano Merchante.
- Indie games, especially Braid, a game about time and causality that showed me that videogames can be as deep and enjoyable as books, music or art. Other games I enjoyed a lot are osu!, Today I Die, Undertale and The Witness.
- Esports, or competitive play of videogames. I once trained and played in Starcraft 2 tournaments. Valuable resources for learning were Sean Plott's Day TV and Shaun Clark's Terran Tutorials. More recent, Vibe's Bronze to GM series are an amazing way to get better fast, focusing on fundamentals. Lately, I've picked up Legends of Runeterra, a card game by Riot Games, and I'm hoping to get better. I usually suck at most games but deeply enjoy the journey of improving myself and the life lessons learned along the way.
- Creative Coding, or making art via code. I've seen some mind-bending examples like this fantastic video from FITC Tokyo 2015, or the paintings of StyleNet.
- Educational Videos on YouTube. My favorite channels are Kurzgesagt, Vsauce, Vi Hart, PBS Spacetime and theodds1sout.
- Music. I play some guitar, bass, piano, trumpet, flute and algorithms! During 2020 I ventured into EDM production in a duo project called Alpaca Brothers. You can find our tunes in our soundcloud profile.
- Podcasts. My favorite hosts are Lex Fridman (my favorite episode), Dan Carlin (my favorite episode), and Tim Ferris (my favorite episode) .